The feminine beauty can be enhanced manifold with the selection of right hair jewellery and hair accessories. These accentuate the appeal of different types of hair styles. You can choose them according to the colors and designs of your apparels, jewellery and fashion accessories.
Different types of Hair jewellery:
1. Shringar Patti: This hair jewellery is placed along the hairline. The circular plaque hangs on the forehead below hair line. It’s a large version of Maang Tikka mostly worn by Indian brides. It’s usually embellished with semi precious stones, pearls or diamonds.
2. Maang Tikka: This hair ornament is a short type of shringaar patti. The pearl, beaded or golden string sits in the center parting of hair and jewel rests on the top of forehead.
3. Maatha Patti: It’s also called as Matha Patti, Forehead Tikka, Maatha Keyring. It’s that part of Maang teeka, which covers the forehead.
4. Pasa: It’s also known as Jhoomar, Side Jhoomer or Headpiece Tikka. It’s that part of Maang teeka, which covers the both sides of hair parting.
5. Tiaras: Tiaras are being used by Indian queens and princesses since ages to adorn their hair. The wedding tiara or crown is worn by bride to feel like a princess on her most precious day.
Different types of Hair Accessories :
1. Hairpins: The hair pins are fastened in the hair to hold them in place and create different types of hair styles. Trendy hair pins are coming adorned with beads, crystals, pearls etc. These come in different shapes and sizes including Hair Clasp U Pin, Bobby Pins (Hair Grip or Kirby Grip), Hair Barrettes etc.
2. Hair Clips: Hair clips are used to fix up the hairdo and adorn the braided plait. These are coming decorated with Swarovski, beads and other jewels. Hair Claws can be used in curly tresses. Hair Slide is a decorative hinged clip. Hair clamps and hair clutches are also available in slew of mesmerizing designs. Other hair clips include French clip, French barrettes, Pinch clip, Flower Clip, Alligator Clip etc.
3. Hair Combs: Embellished with flowers, bling, jewels etc, these hair accessories are used to back comb the hair and hold them in place. These come in plenty of attractive shapes, sizes and designs to suit the needs of different occasions.
4. Hair Brooches: Decorative hair brooches can be used with up-dos as well as flowing hairstyles. Similar to hair combs, these suit with different apparels and occasions.
5. Hair Bands: The hair bands are used to stop the hair from coming on the eyes. These come on different styles like Elastic Hair Bands, Alice bands, Hair Ties, Scrunchies, Hair Plait Headband. These come in floral and other patterns with the decoration of gemstones etc. These can be made from different materials like rubber bands, fabric bands etc.
6. Fascinators: Also called as Hair Flowers, these floral hair accessories are in much demand. These are bigger and brighter than hairpins and can be attached to hair with hair band or hair comb. From pink and white roses to peacock feathers, these are coming in several captivating designs.
7. Hair Bows: These hair accessories are made from the ribbon interlacing with two loops and two loose ends. These come in several designs like Ribbon Bows, Polar Bows etc.
8. Hair Bun Accessories or Hair Jura Accessories: Hair Sticks, Bun Pins or Jura Pins can be used to hold several types of buns such as Chignon Bun, Ballerina Bun, Floral Hair Bun, Braided Hair Buns, Tendril Hair Bun, Ponytail bun, Hair Twist Bun etc. Hair Donut is used to make perfect bun. Scrunchy is an elasticized fabric ring, which can be used to adorn bun. Bun Wrap, Bun Nets or Bun Holder enhance the appeal of bun.
9. Hair Braid, Pleat, or Plait Accessories: There are different styles of hair braids such as ponytail braids, Fishtail Braids, Twist Braids, Classic or Schoolgirl Braids, Invisible Braids, English Braid, French Braid, Crown Braids and so on. You can also buy Artificial Braids, Flashing hair braids or Clip-in Hair Extensions from the market and adorn them using decorative hair clips, decorative Lace and other hair accessories.
10. Hairnet: Also known as or Crespine, hair net comes in elasticized design and is worn over long hair to keep it in place. It can also be used to cover and secure Hair Caul.
11. Birdcage Veils: This popular wedding hair accessory is larger than hairnet and comes over the forehead. Wedding Veils come in a slew of styles to teem up with various wedding ensemble.
12. Scarves, Dupatta and Bandana: Scarves matching with color of hair can be worn over head. It can be attached with scarf pin to hair for preventing it from falling. Dupatta also called as orni or chunri is a long multi-purpose scarf, which adorns the hair style. Bandana or Kerchief in triangular or square shape can also be tied around head for decorative purposes. Hair Caul is used to cover the tied-up hair.
13. Decorative Hair Accessories: Hair snaps, hair buttons, hair ballies, hair elastics, hair spring coils, hair magnet, hair fork, hair ribbons, hair cord, hair jewels, hair gems, hair beads, crystal strands, pearl strands, gem strands, bling strands and several other decorative hair accessories are available in mesmerizing designs, colors and artwork. These can be put right in the exact spot of hair you want to highlight.